Trello checklist to email question

Andrew Jeffrey April 14, 2023

Hello everyone!

We are a mortgage lender who is trying to use Trello to manage our funding/post closing department. Our team is currently manually typing in emails to title companies or other 3rd parties requesting items to help fulfill post close conditions. I believe that trello alone, or trello with zapier intergrations could help with this problem, but I am having trouble. 

The primary trouble seems to be coming from two main spots in both the native and zapier to gmail use cases. 

1. Not being able to set an "email to" rule with the recipient being a custom field on the card. It appears to me butler is telling me the "email to" field is invalid when I try it. I have attempted numerous formatting but can't seem to nail it down. 

2. I am able to do Zapier with Trello ---> Gmail using that custom field but am having an issue of the email showing the checklist in the email body. 

What we would theoretically like:

When button is pressed on a card, Email is sent to (Email in Custom Field), with a Subject of (Conditions Request for Loan for XYZ) , and body of (Intro to the requests) + (Total snapshot of the existing checklist items) coming from our (Funding teams email)

Any ideas as to how to make this happen? Thank you so much!

2 answers

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Andrew Jeffrey👋

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello Power-Up.

I think you might find our Power-Up quite useful. With Email for Trello you can send emails to an address in the custom field very useful when combined with Trello automation to automate sending emails.

By including variables in your emails you can pull card/board details into your emails such as due dates, custom fields, checklists etc. Have a look at this article for our Checklist variables as an example.

You can also set up a signature and a custom email address.

You're welcome to pop over any questions to hello@sendboard.com or simply add the Email for Trello Power-Up to give it a try with a free trial.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2023

@Andrew Jeffrey 

I have not come across anything that creates a functioning checklist in any email. The closest I have seen is to have a form for the user to complete and the response goes back to the card/board…. Need to revisit the solution. 

Andrew Jeffrey April 15, 2023

Thanks for the response. 

To be clear, I don't need to email recipient to interact with the checklist. I just need the entire checklist on the card to be sent to them in the email body and have the ability to resend the checklist at a later time with some of the items already marked completed, and thus omitted from the email. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2023

@Andrew Jeffrey 

Try Contalist. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events