Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello card link in Google Calendar?

Dik Liu September 1, 2022

I have a Trello standard and a Planyway business plan, and I need to sort out my workflow between Trello and Google Calendar. When I create a card in Trello with a due date, the event shows up in Google Calendar with a Trello card link to edit my card. But, when I create an event in Google Calendar, there is no Trello card link. I have to go to Trello, find the newly created card, and edit it before the Trello link appears in my Google Calendar event. Is there a way for the Trello card link to automatically appear in my Google Calendar when I create the event there? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Dik Liu, if I understood you correctly, you'd like to create Trello cards directly from your Google Calendar.

It's not possible to do so by default, however, you still can create Trello cards from your Google Calendar. Here's how.

When you create a new event in your Google Calendar, change the calendar to the one that corresponds to your synced Trello board. On my screenshot, Social Media, Team Overview and Time Tracking are all Trello boards that I synced to my Google calendar:

After saving the event, a new card should appear in your Trello board in a few moments.

Hope this helps.
If you have other questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask.

Dik Liu September 3, 2022

Hi, I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I know how to create a Trello card from Google Calendar. The issue is that when I create that card from Trello, I see a Trello link in Google Calendar to edit that Trello card. But, when I create that card from Google Calendar, there is no Trello link, and I must go to Trello to find that Trello card to edit it. I wonder if there is a way to automatically add a Trello link to the card I created from Google calendar. Thanks for your help.

This is when I create the card from Trello. The Trello link is in Google Calendar.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 114452.jpg

This is when I create the card from Google Calendar. There is no link.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 114648.jpg

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Oh, I see. Thank you for explaining further.

I'm afraid that there isn't other turnaround at the moment. A link to Trello card will appear only after you modify it on Trello board.

Kind regards,
Tania

Dik Liu September 5, 2022

Thanks for your help, Tania.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events