Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello card keyboard options question

Pat Skerrett October 23, 2022

I use two different board: one is private, the other public.

When working with the private board, if I put my cursor over a card, a small editing arrow appears (see the first image, Edit1)), and I can use a keyboard shortcut like "c" to archive the card. That's very handy for someone like me who prefers to use the keyboard instead of the mouse.

Edit1.png

When working with the public board, nothing happens when I put my cursor over the card (see the second image, and must either click on the card to open it and can then use "c" or other keyboard shortcuts, or right click on the card to do something with it.

Edit2.jpeg

Is there a setting that I (or the admin of the public board) can adjust so the public board offers the editing tool by merely hovering over a card?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodolfo Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2022

G'day, Pat!

Thanks for the detailed query you raised, it helps us understand the situation better.

It appears that you are a member of the board in the first image you sent, making it possible for you to edit your card using the short key. However, in the second image, I believe you are viewing a public board or you don't have enough permissions to manage it.

Public boards are set up by default to restrict access to foreign members to prevent it from being changed by others.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events