Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello board not rendering on iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) but renders find on PC/MacBook

Lorenzo_Zenitsky April 29, 2020

Hello,

I'm in the process of developing my web portfolio and thought it would be neat to link a few of my Trello boards in a hobbies/interest page on my website. I used Trello's article on rendering their Board Tile Component from https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/guides/components/board-tile-component/ and after much struggle, got all three of my Trello boards to load successfully. However, when I got to my website using my iPhone or iPad, the Trello boards never load and I can not, for the life of me, figure out why. I have quite a few PCs and one MacBook and they all load fine there with little to no wait, it's only on iOS devices that it seems to never want to load. 

boardTileJs.onload = function() { ... }

Using Google Chrome's dev tools for iOS devices, I found that the HTMLScriptElement never actually loads so the boards are never rendered. I've taken steps around this and provided a link to the same boards if and when they refuse to load, but I would really love to get to the bottom of this and see why these devices cause my website to not render my Trello boards.

Also, I was able to test it on an old Android mobile device, and the boards didn't load their either. So, I'm thinking it was something to do with phones and not browser-related.

Thank you in advance for any incoming clarifications and help!

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hey @Lorenzo_Zenitsky 

Hm, I'd say this question would probably be a better fit over in our developer community:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/c/trello

Our engineers keep an eye out there, and they or any champions should be able to help with this.

Lorenzo_Zenitsky May 1, 2020

Thanks so much for the tip, @Garrett! I had no idea I posted in the wrong community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events