Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello board disappeared?

Drew Gulino December 7, 2018

Has anyone else had a board disappear on them?

We've had two users who's personal trello boards just are no longer there.  They don't show up in list of boards, and links that point to cards on those boards return with 'card not found'.

They can access other personal boards, and team boards. 

EDIT 2020/07/22: Forgot about this question - finally putting my answer here. 

Here's what my issue was:  I had created the account using one companies' google authentication, and when my business unit was spun out, we moved to another google account.  Around year after that, apparently someone from the old company removed my rights.  There had been a long time between these two events, which is why I didn't immediately make the connection.

10 answers

0 votes
Stephen August 11, 2021

Same issue with missing board. Is there a solution yet? and is there a way to check how many other boards disappeared as well? 

Chris Tennant August 17, 2021

Same here all my boards have gone after resetting the password. Did anyone find a solution?

0 votes
Jonas Sarantaris August 3, 2021

I had the same problem with missing boards, but found mine placed under 'closed boards'. It can only be found through the browser and not the app I believe. Click on 'Boards' and scroll all the way to the bottom.

josepoggioli January 27, 2022

I received an email today that my board had been closed given that my workspace was deleted according to Trello email. I am trying to understand why that happened. Does anybody have an idea? 

0 votes
mz496 July 29, 2021

I had a similar issue - didn't log in for a while and found my most used boards gone.

The root cause: Trello forced all boards to be in a workspace, gave me business class trial (which allows unlimited boards per workspace) that expired two weeks later, and forced the limit of 10 boards per workspace onto my new workspace by closing some boards automatically and not telling me.

Fix: I wouldn't have been able to find my missing boards and discover the root cause if I hadn't bookmarked them. I only noticed once I tried to access them directly by URL and reopen them, at which point it said something about your free plan not allowing any more boards in the workspace.

I found out just now that Trello sent a few emails about this, but even after reading them, it's not at all apparent that this would happen.

0 votes
tszyrowski July 27, 2021

I have the same problem. After a while of not logging in half of my personal boards are gone.
I logged into trello mobile application when it opened I saw my boards for a few seconds there but they gone too.
Is there a way to recover the boards?

0 votes
Juliana Petribu July 10, 2021

My most used trello board is algo gone! How can I get it back???

0 votes
Pedro Campino April 26, 2021

Same situation here ! I lost my Trello work board.

Please give us a solution ASAP !

Thanks.

prenaux May 28, 2021

All my Trello boards are gone aswell. I started using Trello in ~2015 and my account is empty now, no closed boards either.

I doubled checked the email used and I'm sure its the right one since I still have Trello support emails that are sent to that account.

I hadn't used Trello in a while and looked at my account to retrieve some notes I put in Trello... not having them there anymore is more than a bummer.

0 votes
lucasArgate December 28, 2020

Guys, did you lost all information from ATLASSIAN Trello?

Someone found a solution about this issue? To get again the information?

0 votes
Joe Burnham November 16, 2020

My primary board (like the one that has my whole life on it) just vanished. It shows up on the online version, but on my phone app it’s missing (it’s the only board missing).

On my tablet I logged out and logged back in, hoping it might reappear, but now none of my boards will load.

What’s going on?

0FDF6089-4B71-46C7-ADF1-9ECB0C20A5B3.png

318119AC-4839-4EE9-8E90-54F0EB7A41FE.jpeg

Joe Burnham November 16, 2020

For some reason this one didn’t upload:

F71873AF-0DA6-4925-B04F-4A124EC4E92F.jpeg

0 votes
Isadora Varejao July 31, 2020

Hello. What Fjolla described above just happened to me. I reached out to your team and haven't heard back yet. It's crazy that when you recover a password you risk having a year's worth of work gone. I would appreciate having some updates from you reg my case. My ticket, I believe, is TRELLO-3602 

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

We do not remove any boards or change any permissions on boards from our end. It sounds that the user might be logged in with a different account. Can you have them reach out with their username as well as the link to the board via trello.com/contact? We'd be happy to check it out in detail.

Noha Basiouny March 3, 2019

Hello Torben, 

My personal Trello board disappeared about half an hour ago. My link is trello.com/noha-one2one. Would you please check? I have all my work saved in there! 

raymond25 March 4, 2019

Hi, I got this issue too. All my saved credentials and works in there :(

Piotr Jan May 15, 2019

Got the same issue. My private Board looks like removed after i disabled commenting.

Fjolla May 31, 2020

My board just dissapeared. I needed to recover the password, instead it all restarted and the board is gone. 

Tracey Seuseu July 15, 2020

Why is this happening???? - How can we use this online system if Boards are disappearing - I have files on there thats taken years to file and utilise on here

Is there a fix? Or do we need to find another online system

Like lucasArgate likes this
macdoo July 20, 2020

I agree about valuable info missing ... the inventory of my move (all contents of boxes I'd photographed) are missing ... probably at least 10 boards with probably over 200 cards). Also, the Power Up 'Butler' doesn't appear to be removable anymore ... concerned. 

ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

Hi @Fjolla !

It looks like you may have created a new account when you tried to recover your password and instead of logging in to your usual account, you ended up being logged in on a new account without your boards.

Could you contact us on https://trello.com/contact so we can have a closer look at your situation?

@macdoo

Could you also do the same as your problem might be a bit different?

If you could share a link to one of your missing boards in your ticket that would help us find out what happened to them :)

Cheers,
Manu | The Trello Team

Fjolla July 22, 2020

Dear Mr Manu,

It is possible that might have happened because it is true I forgot the password to the account. Now I have a new account and keep it all the time open so I don't forget the password. 

Isadora Varejao July 31, 2020

Same just happened to me.

lucasArgate December 28, 2020

I lost all my information, my bords gone! 

PLEASE ATLASSIAN DONT FORGET YOURS ROOTS USERS!

ILDAR9 February 10, 2021

The same issue 10 February 2020.
All boards just disappeared after password update.

But the I tried to log-in by incognito mod and got all my boards back, so I think it's related to saved cookies etc. Just in your browser remove all info saved about trello and then try again.

Kate Parsons October 6, 2021

I found my Trello boards. I was using:

• Atlassian JIRA software registered to one email address
  • Trello registered to a different email address

It looks like when Atlassian bought Trello, it decided to use only one of those emails addresses, both for Atlassian and Trello.

So I tested each email address with the same password for Atlassian JIRA and found my boards again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events