Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello board as a Lead Magnet

Corinna Curry April 5, 2023

I am creating a Trello board for step-by-step instructions for a Dubsado account setup.  I would like to offer it as a free lead magnet.  How would I go about copying the board and sharing it with others that sign up with their email address?  Is this possible?  Obviously, I want them to receive a copy and be able to add it to their account to use and make changes as needed while leaving my master copy unaffected.

2 answers

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Just based on what you have said, are they signing up via a website? 
If so you can use the page controls in your website builder to only make the page available to signed up members. On that page, you can embed the Trello board.  

The caveat is you would still have to make the board public for it to work so a signed up member could theoretically inspect the page and share a link to the board but I'm not sure many would go to those lengths.  Try and trivialise the Trello part so the pages only available to signed up members holds the value, not just the Trello board

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hey @Brittany Joiner isn't this your cup of tea? :)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen hahah it really should be, but admittedly i havent found an effective way of gating it!

@Corinna Curry easiest way to do this is to create the board as a public template, and then when they send you an email, send them a link to the template. They won't be able to edit it but they can view and make their own copy! The only thing here is - the link is technically public. Aka, they can share that link to the template with other people without requiring those other people to send over their email. In my opinion, it's probably still worth it, because the alternative would be to create a workspace for the template and each person who gives their email is added to the workspace and has permission to view that board, not edit. That would prevent link sharing, but could be a lot of work back and forth to set up those permissions and add them as a guest to that board each time they sign up. I'd have to think more through the logistics of this part, as I guess in theory you could invite them to your workspace and as long as it's a free workspace, you wouldn't pay for any members in there. So maybe that would actually work to be a bit more secure than a public template.

Corinna Curry April 6, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Hmm!  Interesting..  Thanks for responding.  I need to think about it.  I thought it was a good idea, but it sounds a bit complicated now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events