Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello & WordPress integration

Borislav Zlatanov February 22, 2022

Hi all,

Our organization is in the process of creating an integration between Trello and WordPress. We wanted to share what we are doing to see if it might also benefit others who use both Trello and WordPress. We are looking to release a WordPress plugin (most likely free) that people can install on their websites or intranets to integrate them with their Trello workspaces.

Here is what the plugin can already do:

- Trello dashboard. The dashboard gives you an overview of what is happening across your organization's Trello boards through a variety of reports and statistics. Put the reports in your website/intranet in any strategic places you want (for example, together with other information you want to present to your members).

- Log in with Trello. No need for a separate username/password for your website or intranet, the plugin just verifies the user is logged in to your Trello workspace and logs them into your website also.

- Sync users between Trello and your website. It automatically copies over and keeps your organization's members in sync between Trello and your website/intranet, so you can manage them from one place.

- Add more data about your members. As an organization, you have your own custom information about your members. The plugin allows adding such information to your member profiles, and also combining it with activity data about your members that comes from Trello.

We are also planning to create a Trello Power-Up which would enable a two-way integration. For example, this can make it so that your organization's information from your website/intranet can be shown within Trello.

We are also planning next features, so we wanted to ask the community: Would any of the above abilities be of interest to you? Are there other features that you would be interested in seeing?

Looking to receive some feedback. Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Austin D October 19, 2023

Phenomenal! This is exactly what I need! 

Not sure if its within your scope but... The only request I have (and have been waiting years for...) is --  automatically send new members an invitation to a newly created board.

Have you made any progress on your integration? Its something I'd absolutely love to check out! 

All the best

0 votes
JocelynBarrera September 7, 2022

It's great that you decided to do the integration. When I work with WordPress sites, I find that I make mistakes in the early stages of creation. It turns out that the sites initially laid a weak foundation, failing at the most unfortunate moment - when traffic is high. Because of poorly thought-out architecture, some visitors instead of content will get errors 500, 502, 503 (there are a lot of them), or begin to suffer because of slow loading pages. I wanted to ask you does elementor work with any theme? Thanks in advance for the answer.

0 votes
Marvin Okafor August 19, 2022

Yes, it is perfect.

Also, for clients that manage woo-commerce processes on Trello, some or all customer fields existing in Trello can be created, matched and read from woo-commerce.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events