Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello advanced search indexing seems slow and way behind actual data in cards - just me?

Paul March 31, 2023

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can give.

When I use https://trello.com/search to search my boards after I just did a planning session and made a bunch of edits, the search results are as if the data had not just been changed.  There seems to be a significant lag in the search index. Is it just me? Is it this way on all paid levels or just the lower ones?

If this is "as good as it gets" as the saying goes, then is there a workaround? Will clearing my browser's cache help, and if so exactly what needs to be cleared, because clearing the whole cache is way too inconvenient, and clearing trello.com will probably log me out.

Using a completely separate browser could also be a workaround, but again, quite inconvenient.

I just wish caching worked on a faster cycle!

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Right now, changes made to boards and cards won't immediately appear in the global search results.

Generally, changes should appear within 30 seconds and there isn't a way to make that quicker.

Are you noticing a longer delay?

Lara
The Trello Team

Paul April 5, 2023

Maybe longer, but even 30 seconds is a long time. It should be under 5 seconds IMHO.

Is it this slow on paid levels as well? I was a Premium member for a year but recently dropped back. I would not come back as a paid member without this being fixed, not that my business will tip the scales, I'm sure. 😊

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2023

Hi, 

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

This feature is shipped to all users and its behavior doesn't depend on the plan you have with Trello.

I've already forwarded your comment to our engineering team so they can take it into consideration when making development plans for the future. 

Thanks again for raising this. 

Alina | The Trello team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events