Trello adding images from email signatures

Lee Cottrill April 7, 2020

Is there a way to stop Trello automatically attaching images from email signatures? It makes it difficult to distinguish on the card which are real attachments and which aren't which has the impact of missing things and wasting time. Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hi Lee,

Currently, Trello will not strip signatures or other attachments. The only information Trello tries to remove is what it can parse as replies to an original email. That's because Trello errs on the side of not stripping data (to avoid data loss) rather than over-stripping.

Unfortunately, that does mean that those images will show up in each card created by email, unless you remove the signature before sending the email.

Judith Kruidhof December 20, 2021

Hi Vini, is this still the answer? Maby there is a solution found? Just checking so i dont have to look elsewhere :)

Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hey Judith,

Yes, still the answer. If the images are coming from your own signature, you could try creating a rule on your email client to not include the signature when sending to an email-to-board address.

But if it comes from someone else those images will be brought into Trello :/

Like Judith Kruidhof likes this
0 votes
Marcelo Siqueira August 17, 2022

@Vini 

The only information Trello tries to remove is what it can parse as replies to an original email

Hello! This feature is not working for me. How does it work? I have some cards now that are getting extremely big because they are filled with immense redundant email messages. They take a long time to load even.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events