It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello Windows 10 App No Longer Allowed Access to Google Account

As of last week, I am no longer able to attach files from Google Drive to Trello cards. I am using the Windows 10 App and typically attach using either the "Attach" button or the Google Drive Power-Up. The new problem is that when I try to link my google account and complete the login process I am given this message by Google:

"Couldn't sign you in

This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

This is clearly something that has recently changed with Google's security settings and not a problem with the Trello app itself changing. It seems Google has decided that the Trello app's built-in browser is not secure enough. Google drive login works fine in the online version of Trello as it is being opened through Firefox, one of Google's trusted browsers.

On a slow internet connection the browser version runs very slow for me where the app runs perfectly so it would be great to able to continue working in the app!

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Dec 19, 2019

Sorry for the trouble this is causing, Graham. Our team has this issue on their radar and are currently working on a fix. I don't have an estimate for when that will be deployed, but we'll release it as soon as it's ready.

For now, I'd suggest keeping an eye out for any desktop app updates in the Microsoft Store.

Similarly, I cannot log in using Google to a newly downloaded Trello app on Mac.

I can not login to Trello from my MS Teams on my Mac and it is giving the same warning 

Couldn't sign you in

This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

Is there any progress in solving this issue?

Mehmet

0 votes
embronne I'm New Here Apr 08, 2020

This problem still persists. Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,622 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you