Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello User Management

Ross Davis January 29, 2021

Hi -

I'm looking for information on how Trello works in relation to our Atlassian services.

We've been using JIRA Service Desk and Confluence for a few years.  All well.

Recently, I was made aware some of our domain users are using Trello and are signing in under their domain email addresses.  As such they appear to be added to our Atlassian system in some manner.  I don't think any of the accounts are billable.

I've been asked to manage one of the accounts so that ownership of one board may be changed.  The employee in charge of that board has left our employment.

In looking at our Managed accounts, I was astounded to see just how many of our end-users appear to have access Trello at some point - it looks like nearly 400.  

I'm not complaining that they use the product, I just didn't even know they were.

TIA

Ross

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

Trello is an Atlassian tool.  So just like any user can sign up for Jira Software, and Confluence with an account and a company email for free, they can sign up and use Trello as well.   We were acquired by Atlassian in 2017, and over the years have been doing the work to make it so the same tools you use to manage the other Atlassian Tools work for Trello as well.

It sounds like you have Atlassian Admin Hub and you are looking at all of your company users who are using Trello. 

You can enable SSO for those accounts (in fact for any domain account that accesses any Atlassian product) by purchasing Atlassian Access.  

Your employees can also pay for Trello on their own, or you could purchase Trello Enterprise (and selectively choose who is on that plan) which would give you control over those user's content inside Trello and be able to apply restrictions or just see what is going on.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events