Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello, Slack integration, self-join

whyameye February 9, 2019

How do members of my slack team "self-join" my Trello team such that we can be sure the trello account they create is associated with their slack account? I can't seem to find an explanation of how self-join is supposed to work and I haven't found a slack command to join members of my the slack team to the trello team.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

@whyameye one option is to use a an SSO identity provider (G-Suite/Office365) for both Trello and Slack, that way they're all tied back to the same account. There's no self join for teams, only boards.

Ben_Randall April 9, 2019

@Iain Dooley- This page seems to indicate otherwise. https://trello.com/en-US/guide/team-administration.  The section called "Be a Slack(er)" indicates that by linking to a Slack team they can join the Trello team.

Additionally, there is a tip that says:

> #TrelloTips: Business Class team admins can choose whether any member of a linked Slack team can join the team or if Slack team members should only be invited manually.

The current configuration for my team is: "Slack team members can self-join this Trello team." which implies that I need Business Class if I want to disable that functionality.

Like micky_schlamp likes this
micky_schlamp May 14, 2020

@Iain Dooley - I found the same problem as @Iain Dooley

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events