Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Slack Integration:

davidrwood January 30, 2020

I have Trello bot installed in one old channel and when I link to a card nothing happens.

That's fine. That's what I want.

I've just added the same Trello bot to a new channel in the same Slack team and whenever I link to a card I get a big spurge of data from the card. See attached.

I don't want that splurge!

And I can't find how to turn it off. I'm sure I turned it off in the old channel.

How do I turn it off for the new one? There seems to be no command to configure that...

Dave.

Slack___admin_.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi Dave,

I'm afraid it's not possible to control that data unfurl—that's part of what the bot is designed to do. However, it won't unfurl for boards that are private, and it will for boards that are team-visible. Might that explain the differing behavior you're seeing?

davidrwood February 4, 2020

Thanks - useful to know it can't be turned off (and... feature request!?), but yet; no, that doesn't explain it.

Both channels are linked to the same board. That board is team-visible.

The only other difference is that on the old channel, I added the Trello bot about three years ago, or so. 

Might that explain it? Was there such a feature back then?

davidrwood February 4, 2020

Further question please... how do I remove Trello Bot from a channel?

I've used /trello unlink and running that again confirms it's not linked to a board but it's still unfurling cards :( How do I stop it spamming my channel? 

davidrwood February 17, 2020

Nudge - would love to know if this was raised as a feature and also how to remove Trello Bot from just one channel please!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events