Trello: Set up card reminders for due time?

David Gee I'm New Here Nov 03, 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a reminder on a card to send an email/text at a specified time and date?

Thanks,
David

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Matthew N Community Champion Nov 03, 2017

Hey David

Within Trello, there's not a way to set customized reminders for due dates at this time. The notification you'll get for a due date will be 24 hours in advance.  You can request this as a feature enhancement by sending an email to 'feature-ideas@trello.com'

With that said, you can use Butlerbot, which is an automation tool, to set up a script to allow for customized notifications.

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the follow text minus the parentheses

(the moment a card is due, post comment "@username} This card is due!")

You can change "the moment" to "two hours, one hour, six hours", however much in advance you want to receive the notification. This will add a comment to the card, mentioning you in the comment, and trigger a notification.

Let me know if you have any further questions about setting this up.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,120 views 7 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot