Trello Server Version

Because of security reasons, we don't have cloud versions of JIRA and Confluence but server versions

Do you have planned to launch a server version of Trello also?    

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Matthew N Community Champion Aug 17, 2017

Hey Jan-Willem

According to Q&A with Atlassian President Jay Simons, there are no immediate plans to create a server version of Trello

Q. 12. Are there timelines for Trello integrations with other Atlassian products? Is there going to be a Trello server version anytime soon? 

Answer:

Integrations are available now called Atlassian Power-Ups. We have no immediate plans to create a server version of Trello.

Thanx for the answer.

That's a pitty!

My (German) company rejects Cloudsolutions, because of Dataprotection policy etc. Even the Enterprise Version I fear.

Is anyone recognizing this problem? I am looking forward to the argumentation to cope this kind of resistance.

I don't know if it would help, but the Deutsche Bahn was satisified with our security and protections.

You can read more about DB using Trello.

Higher-Ed WebOps Admin here; I'd like a server version as well. 

@Tyler Bradford and @Sandor Krisztian Andre can you elaborate on why you'd need a server version? (US Government, EU company that won't put data on US servers, etc) . If it's a company policy issue that's more out of preference, does your company use ANY other cloud products? 

For banking...regulatory env makes a server version required. Whitelisting URLs is a non-starter. (*and we're talking 100k jira users in our company alone)

We would also need a server version.

My company is regulated by NERC CIP (energy industry) and putting certain information in the cloud without following CIP Standards (technical requirements which essentially federal law) is a violation and subject to regulatory actions and fines. The server(s) storing the information becomes a repository of the information and is(are) subject to these standards. As written, the standards make it extremely difficult to store information in the cloud. Minimally, we would need a satisfactory SOC 2 Type II audit report, confirmation that our information is encrypted in transit *and* at rest and that we hold the only key to that encrypted data, and that no unauthorized persons can access the data. Privacy controls are not enough. Authorized persons must undergo a satisfactory background check as well as take specific training for NERC CIP information handling. 

An on-premise server version of Trello would be ideal to satisfy the NERC CIP standards.

This widget could not be displayed.

+1

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

17,113 views 0 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you