cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Power Up Calendar Time Zone is Wrong

Brenda McGaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2023

Hi everyone,

I see many posts about wanting to display separate time zones for different team needs, but that is not what I am looking for. It is me and me alone. With this in mind, it appears that my Power Up Calendar in Trello is detecting me as being in a different time zone (incorrectly of course). So it pulls to my Gmail calendar with a 2.5 hr difference. Is there a way to confirm/change Trello to register the correct time zone? I know it is not an issue on the Gmail side, as I have confirmed the correct time zone is set there. Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Malcom Flot August 27, 2023

Hey Brenda, and once again, welcome to the community!

I once had a somewhat similar problem, not being able to sync the same time, from one application to another.  And Brenda, at one point in time, I even came to the same conclusion, as yours.

I started by testing Google time, and it was fairly easy, just by the tracking of the red-line and dot.

Now, in order to test Trello, you can create a Rule, with a trigger that causes Trello to schedule (Now).  So after executing the triggered action, the schedule was set using the correct time.

So, I couldn't help to think, that the Power-up just had to be the problem.  I even called them out on this.  However it turned out that i had it all wrong.

I found the time synchronizing issue to be a result of the settings on your PC.  Allow me to example; On your PC, Go to the Settings/ Date and Time.  If the automatic adjustment for daylight savings is turned off; you will need to turn it on.  At that point your computer's time will change, to the incorrect.  So now, you will need to click on the [Change date and time] Link Button and change it to the correct time, and Problem completely diagnosed.

Although, in order to solve this one, Atlassian will need to create a application that can request the permission to access the computer's time setting, and correct this issue by an automation process.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

0 votes
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Hi Brenda! Welcome to the community!

You can take a look at how the timezone is set in your Atlassian account. You can check it by clicking on your avatar profile (right top of your trello menu) > selecting manage account > account preferences or go straight using this link https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences

There you can confirm and change your timezone.

Hope that helps! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events