Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello - Not getting confirmation or invite emails

Trying to connect trello to my work account but cant get the confirmation email or invites.

Works for my gmail

So far....

• Added the trello emails as contacts
  • Set up both the desktop and O365 outlooks
  • Sending a msg via the trello site did not generate a ‘thanks for emailing’ but if I send it direct from outlook I do get the 'thanks for emailing'
  • The cert is up to date
  • Cleared cache
  • No one else has any problems getting their account to work
  • Service desk checked when I first encountered this problem and could not see anything wrong
  • Installed the connector and app that connected to the account and is transferring cards and getting notifications…still no email
  • Installed desktop app and resent email from there but did not receive.

Found another blog

"My problem was solved by the Trello support team. What happened was that my email server had mistakenly rejected Trello's first email, the one with my account verification link. That rejection caused my email address to be blacklisted in Trello's server The support team has now undone the blacklist and I'm using Trello just fine"

Hoping it could be this...any other ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manu Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2020

Hi Richard!

Could you reach out to us with your email address on https://trello.com/contact so we can help you out on this particular case?

Thanks!

Thanks Manu

I sent one on Tues morning via the online form and direct from email account.

I have resent with the link to this questions as the subject.

Cheers

Rich

Just to close this out, received great support from the Atlassian team.

"I checked our mail logs and it looks like when we sent the first email to that email address from Trello, it was rejected by the mail server with a "Bad Mailbox" message. The mail server was telling our mail server that that email address didn't exist. When this happens, our email server adds the email address to our Blocklist temporarily so that Trello's emails aren't inadvertently treated as SPAM."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,656 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you