Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello- How to edit current checklists

rpilgrim.rp June 22, 2023

Hello Community

I am trying to figure out how to add items to an already checklist template and have that new item be reflected in the "rules" assigned to the card

For Example: 

When card is moved to "X", card label "ABC" is added, when "ABC" is added the Checklist "Example" is added 

How can I make changes to the items to Checklist "Example" so that the rule can still apply, or do I need to change the name of the checklist every time I add an item and then change the rule? 

Thank you :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

You could ensure the Checklist is always updated from its master:

So say you have a card called "Example Master", containing the checklist "Master"

Set up rules:

Rule 1 - Add a link of the card with the recently added checklist to the Master card

When a checklist "Master" is added to a card without a name containing "Master", find the card "Example Master" and add item {triggercardlink} to checklist "Cards"

Rules 2/3 - When an item is added or removed from Master, update all Cards with the Example checklist

When an item is added to checklist "Example" in card with a name containing "Master", for each card linked in list "Cards", add {checklistitemname} to the checklist "Example"

When an item is removed fromchecklist "Example" in card with a name containing "Master", for each card linked in list "Cards", remove {checklistitemname}

rpilgrim.rp June 23, 2023

I am new to Trello but I am following this best I can and it makes complete sense! With that said I'm having trouble how to set that up in the Rules Automation itself... would you be willing to attach a screenshot of the rules in order? If not I totally understand and appreciate the help and I will continue to try and decipher it :) 

rpilgrim.rp June 23, 2023

I figured it out! Thanks so much :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events