Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello - How to change the generated email address

Kaelyn Mitchell May 17, 2022

Hi, I am trying to create a board where I can log tickets/ tasks to monitor and track. Staff members will be provided with the email address to send their requests too which should automatically log/ generate a new task on the board I have created. However, the email address that the board automatically generates isnt a user friendly one - I would like to change it to something like: onboarding@.....

Am I able to do this? If so, how?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Kaelyn Mitchell  👋

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello Power-Up.

We bring email into Trello so that you can leverage the power of Trello and butler automations all in one place. 

You connect your shared email (for example onboarding@..., help@..., accounts@... etc.) and a card is created when a new email is received. Any attachments and correspondence are linked to the correct card which you can view and reply to from within Trello. You might find our features such as merging cards, automatically sending emails, saved replies and of course, customising your email address quite useful. 

You're welcome to pop any questions over to hello@sendboard.com or simply add the PowerUp to give it a try.

Hope that helps!

Kaelyn Mitchell May 18, 2022

Hi Christl,

Thank you for your response.

So to understand this, do I need to get my IT team to create the email first (baring in mind, I thought the new trello board would automatically create an email address (the same name as the board created) via the email-to-board settings? How do I connect this email to the board?

Thank you for your help

Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2022

When you first activate the Power-Up on a Trello board, you’ll choose a unique email address for the board. We call this your Board Email Address and it will look something like hr@example.sendboard.com. If you have an existing email address that you prefer to use, you can set up a auto-forwarding from your email similar to Felix's suggestion. If you do not have an existing email address, your IT team can help you set one up.

Just to be clear - this is not related to the email-to-board feature of Trello or the board address that Trello creates. Email for Trello  is a PowerUp that you will need to add to your board and enables you to receive and send emails within Trello. Check out this demo video for an overview of how it works.

You're welcome email to hello@sendboard.com to schedule a demo with us, or add the PowerUp to try it out.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

No, you can not change the email address Trello generates. The email address Trello generates contains a secret, which uniquely identifies you, and any emails sent to it will be added as your Trello user.

You might be able to solve your use-case by setting up a auto-forwarding email address with your domain admin. Most email providers allow you to configure email addresses which auto-forward to another, so you could set up "onboarding@acme.com" to auto forward to the generated @Trello.com email address for your board.

If you do this, consider also adding a domain filter, or anyone can email onboarding@acme.com to add cards to your board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events