Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello | Google Calendar and Team Assignments

Heather Hernandez December 11, 2018

Hello,

I use a Trello pre-made template for new boards. When I create a new board I simply "copy" the template and rename it. On the template we have many cards that are assigned to different team members. Once I copy and create a new board I notice that all the team members who had previously been assigned disappear. Is there a way to fix this so those who have been assigned a task carry over into each new board?

Also, we would like to sync due dates to Google calendar so tasks show up directly on our team members calendars. Is there a way to do this? Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2018

Hey Heather,

Right now copying boards will not include details such as members added to cards, comments, or activity. I'll be happy to let the team know you'd like to see this in the future however.

As an alternative (although the process is more manual), copying cards individually do allow for you do keep the current members added to the card.

You definitely can sync your tasks to Google Calendar! Using the Calendar Power-Up, you can generate an iCal link to add to Google Calendar. Here are the instructions on how to get that synced up: https://help.trello.com/article/829-using-trello-with-google-calendar

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events