Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Gold

Cata Vassalo January 9, 2022

Hey!

I pay a total of $45 annually to use Trello Gold. Now I found that the price will be increased to $5 a month, per user, which will give me a total of $540 a year (because my boards are accessed by 9 people). I cannot pay this amount. I use Trello on my daily basis work and I have custom fields with information of years of work. If I switch to the free plan, will I lose all the information in the custom fields?

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2022

Hi @Cata Vassalo - I think there's some misunderstanding here so let me clear this up. We actually sunset the Gold subscription on August 24, 2021 - you would've received several emails from then about the sunset. 

On August 24, 2021 we announced that Trello Gold is being Sunset and existing customers will be moved to one of our other Trello plans. Along with it, the Gold referral program is also ending, so you’ll no longer earn free months of Trello Gold when inviting or recommending Trello to others.

Trello Gold has been an important part of Trello’s history, but with many of our more recent changes, it was left in an awkward position. Trello’s moved to a workspaces model where all boards and members need to be part of a workspace; Gold applies at the user level, and so it’s created inconsistent experiences that we feel left more confusion than benefit.

More details on Trello Gold ending can be found here: https://help.trello.com/article/1323-what-to-do-if-your-gold-membership-is-ending

The truth is that Trello wouldn’t be where it is today without the loyalty of Gold members! While Gold no longer fits into the Trello vision, we absolutely want to recognise the value you’ve gotten out of it for so long, with our best features for as close to the same price as we can. We’ll be giving you a 60-day free trial of Trello Premium for one workspace, and you’ll automatically get 60% off one year of Premium, so you’ll be getting Premium at Gold prices - however, this deal expired on 31 December, 2021.

We actually already gave you this deal - we moved your personal boards into a workspace and applied the deal to this workspace. As you didn't add a credit card to this subscription, the subscription and deal ended after the 60 days free.

Our new subscriptions are billed by user. Upgrading a Workspace is the primary way of upgrading to a paid plan in Trello, and free workspaces can only have a maximum of ten boards open at a time. When you upgrade to Standard or Premium, all users that are considered billable within your workspace will go towards your monthly or annual bill.

Billable users in Standard and Premium are the following:

• Users that have been added directly to the upgraded workspace
  • Multi-board guests: users that have been added to two or more boards in the upgraded workspace

Single-board guests - users that have been added to one board in the workspace - are not considered billable users. You can read more about how billing works with Standard and Premium at https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class

If you want to use Custom Fields, this became a paid feature also on August 24, 2021. If you don't already have the Custom Fields Power-Up enabled on a board, you need to upgrade the workspace the board sits in in order to use Custom Fields. Alternatively, if you don't want to upgrade to Standard or Premium, you can use a third-party Power-Up like Smart Fields or Amazing Fields. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2022

@Cata Vassalo 

I am on Gold and existing boards with custom fields had this feature turned on during the transition. I suspect that it will stay with these boards even when our Gold plan expires. However, you cannot have CF on new boards. I have been re-cycling my old boards in order to have CFs. This is my understanding. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events