You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We have several Direct-To-Client email automations setup in our various steps of production in Trello, so they are updated on the various steps in their order.
The one automation we can't sort out to send is this:
Our art department makes a mockup/proof of every order which is saved as a PDF or Jpg in each card.
We want that file automatically emailed to the client when our art department slides the card from "Mockups To Do" to "Mockups Waiting For Approval"
We already have custom field in each card, and understand automations a bit, but each card has other attachments in it as well, so we need an automation to send the email, with a short message, and the correct Mockup File attached.
Is there an automation we could make that would send the email and attach let's say the top file attached in the list? with a stock short message attached lile "Here is your mockup, please review it and Approve if correct"?
we want to automate as much of these steps as possible, expecting sales to grow quickly this year!
Hi @Alex Chavel👋
As @milynnus mentioned there isn't an obvious, easy way to automate picking a file from the card to attach in an email. We have few users that have a similar use case to yours. They manage files in a drive, add the link of the drive/folder in a custom field and then include the custom field variable in their saved reply. This is then populated with the relevant link when your email is sent. (Saved replies are great for automations e.g. automatically send an email when dragging a card to a certain list).
Recipients can then access the attachments/drive through the link shared with them in the email. This might not be what you had in mind, but depending on your workflow, this might be an option that could work.
Hope that helps!
Here are some options but none of them addresses you requirement to pick the top files. Attachment url and the files are only shared with permission aka it needs the api key and token.
Here's a list for you to explore further :
- Contalist : it can include attachments in their email templates or add a file when review the email action
- Hipporello with some modification will allow to share card and, selectively, add attachment(s) and notify your user to go to the webportal
- Sendboard probably have the same but I doubt you can automate it for the first attachment
- External share (Poweruo) selectively shares a card and it think there is file management powerup that could help in your case
- I have an Taco mail app but it does not , at this moment to include attachments but you take a look at it https://deta.space/discovery/@milynnus/taco_mail
- I have some add on to Trello automation around attachments. One of the allows you to get the attachment..perhaps that can help in your automation. https://deta.space/discovery/@milynnus/space_butler
- I believe there are other options, just have to figure out which will work best for you.
I have been exploring this concept the limitation so far is that it white hole integration does not return the url to http request.
Got this to work (Update: email delayed so no issue with Trello automation)
Solution uses the following :
Disclaimer : Space Butler and Taco Mail are written by me. Previous for own consumption and projects, now are apps on Deta Space.