Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Due Date Reminders 30 days before due

Stephen Hodges April 13, 2020

Hi all,

Is there a way to set reminders to my email 30 days before a task is due? Either natively or via a power up? I am a Trello Gold Member.

Cheers,

Stephen

2 answers

3 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

@Stephen Hodges Hey Stephen, you can use Butler for this:

2020-04-14 at 9.32 pm.png

1 vote
Stephen Hodges April 15, 2020

This might be the best support example ever.

I have 9 months of Trello Gold but it's asking me to be a paid member. If I start paying for Trello Gold will this allow me to make this command or do I need a different type of account?

Cheers!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

@Stephen Hodges not sure! I'll try and get some input from someone on the Atlassian team.

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2020

Hi @Stephen Hodges  @Iain Dooley ,

as far as I know.... if you are not playing more than 200 commands per month or 2000 operations per month, with Trello Gold should be enough!

Hope it helps!

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2020

Hi @Stephen Hodges 

Welcome to the Community!

If you're already paying for Trello Gold and you're receiving information that you need to upgrade to a paid account, that would suggest that you've run out of commands and operations that Butler allows on this version.

As @Antonio Panea states, Gold users have 200 commands and 2000 operations per calendar month. This sounds like a lot, but it's really not!

If you're unsure how much you've got, click on the Butler button on any personal board, then go to 'Account' in the bottom left, and it will show you how much you've used. For my personal boards, this is what my Butler allowances look like (depending on which board I'm on depends on what I see. If I'm in a Team board, my allowances are much higher):

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 14.16.40.png

These quotas refresh on the 1st of the month, so if you've run out, you have to wait until 1st May, unless you upgrade to Business Class.

I would also suggest, if you have run out, and don't want to pay for BC, that you look through your Butler rules and see if they are all necessary. Remove the ones that aren't because you're going to run into this problem within two weeks of every month if all the Butler rules continue to run.

Hope this helps :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2020

Sorry, I should add - even if you go through and prune the rules you can live without, and reduce to just the ones you have to have, it still won't help you until 1st May, because you've run out, you've already used your allocation for the month, therefore nothing further will run this month.

If you've run out of Butler quota, nothing will give you more unless you upgrade to BC. 

Stephen Hodges April 16, 2020

hi all - to be clear, I have earned 9 months of Trello gold due to inviting several people to the platform. Is that the issue? I am using earned credits. I am not currently a paying customer but am willing if needed as long as I can get guidance for which account I should buy.

My current butler usage is at 0%. Image attached of my usage and the notices.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.41.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.40.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.38.38 AM.png

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2020

Yes, it would appear that emailing 30 days before a due date requires you to have a paid account.

I've just looked at the command on both my personal account and my BC account, and this warning is on both of them in exactly the same please. So it would seem that this is just an info panel and doesn't appear depending on the paid account you have.

Have you tried it? Maybe you could set up a dummy Butler rule, then set a due date to 31 days time, and see if it triggers tomorrow?

Stephen Hodges April 16, 2020

It worked!! Even with the message :)Thanks!

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2020

Woohoo!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events