Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Chrome Extension for Trello App?

Alexandra Prieto June 11, 2021

Hello fellow Trello users! 

Hopefully someone can help me out - we use Trello for our Company and we use it extensively. We have the Business Class Gold membership I believe. 

I have been SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW for a [relatively simple] way to 'pin' a card to the top of a list. We use Butler to attach completed work to one card in each list, and would like to keep those specific cards pinned at the top of the list. 

The only thing I have found so far that seems to work would be a Trello Chrome Extension. However, it seems I can only utilize this extension in the browser version of Trello and not the App version [on the same computer]. Is there ANY WAY to access these Chrome Extensions in the app? Or do we have to use the browser version to utilize this?

And, if so, I am guessing every single one of my teammates would need to download the same extension? I REALLY wish there was a better, simple way to pin a card to the top of a list! Seems like it would be a simple thing to do lol

If not, does anyone know of an easy way to simply pin a card to the top of a list in the app version!?

Thank you in advance for any help!!

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2021

I did a bit of testing and the best way I've found to do this would be to use a Butler rule. It would look a bit like this:

when a card is added to list "Doing", find a card titled "Pinned Doing Card", and move the card to the top of list "Doing"

You could then create a rule for each List on your board, replacing "Doing" with the name of the list, and "Pinned Doing Card" with the name of the card you want to stay at the top.
Alexandra Prieto June 17, 2021

Aaahh, I see what you are saying. So, basically, any time a card gets moved into said list, the rule would ping whatever 'pinned' card is there and move it back to the top of the list [hopefully I understood correctly! ;) ]. 

This might work for us, but were hoping for a more simplistic way so as to not have a billion rules per each list [each team member has their own list]. For now, I am going to test this out and see if we can do this for the time being [until Trello adds this feature! lol ;)].

Thank you so much for the response!!  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events