Trello Butler report pattern for tickets completed by user

Marc Ientilucci January 20, 2021

Hello, 

I am struggling to create a report the way i'd like using Trello's patterns in butler.

I have two Lists in my board. To Do and Done. I assign a member to a To Do card. When they finish with the task, i move it to Done. 

I'd like to create a report that shows how many tickets a member has completed in the Done column using butler. It would look something like this where 'Member Name' will be the actual members name. 

BONUS: it would also be great to be able to get the data from the last 30 days if thats possible at all. 

Member Name 1 (8 cards)

• card 1 name
  • card 2 name
  • card 8 name

Member Name 2 (3 cards)

• card 1 name
  • card 2 name
  • card 3 name

Member Name 3 ...

Can anyone please assist with this?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

@Marc Ientilucci 

Probably not with just Butler report using its pattern since it collects cards and allow you to form the report line using pattern. You cannot group them by Member. I remember there only a variable for a the first member but a card can have more than 1 member or none. 
you have the count by member, Butler cannot help you do that. 

what about with custom fields?

i can create a rule for a custom assignee dropdown that adds a member to a card. 

would i then be able to sort User's in the report by my custom Assignee dropdown like shown in my original example?

i have it set up in a test board and its almost the way i want it, minus a couple variables which i am going to play with. 

create a report in variable "User_1" with all cards in list "Done" with custom field "Assignee" set to "User 1" using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) {{Assignee}} => DONE on {{%Completion Date}}", create a report in variable "User_2" with all cards in list "Done" with custom field "Assignee" set to "User2" using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) {{Assignee}} => DONE on {{%Completion Date}}", and send an email notification to "marc@sdhcap.com" with subject "test report trello" and message "User 1:\n\n{$User_1}\n\nUser 2:\n\n{$User_2}"

i know some of the cards below have some of the same card names, but they are different cards. i just used the same name while testing. this can be identified by the completion date. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 2.54.05 PM.png 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

@Marc Ientilucci 

if this what you want, sureyou can do that. If I am not mistaken, members on a card are stored as a string of strings (iD). 👏

As to sorting, you probably use different select criteria. So it is more like categories representing different set of cards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events