Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Butler move cards overdue

Liliana Castillo Villamor June 22, 2020

Hi, 

I am trying to move an overdue card to the "To do" list automatically, however, it does not work. I am trying the following:

when the due date is marked as incomplete in a card with an overdue due date, move the card to the top of list "To do".

Appreciate a lot any advise 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

@Liliana Castillo Villamor This seems like a bug to me, I have verified that the due date complete/incomplete trigger combined with the "with an overdue due date" condition doesn't fire the command. I can see "Requesting card to check trigger condition(s)." in the command log, but the action isn't taken.

You can report this to Trello by going back to trello.com/contact and going through all the various automated steps until you get to the real contact form to submit to Trello support.

Liliana Castillo Villamor June 23, 2020

Thank you Iain, I will do it then, and I will let you know what happens. Best regards, Liliana

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

Hi @Liliana Castillo Villamor 

Welcome to the Community!

Butler doesn't act retroactively on dates, so any dates that you put on cards before you made the rule, Butler won't work on.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 14.58.52.png

The only way to get around this, is to go to each card, remove the due date and then re-add it, then Butler will recognise it.

It's a bit of a bind, but that's the only way to do it.

Hope this helps!

Esme :)

Liliana Castillo Villamor June 23, 2020

Dear Esme, thank you for your advice. I tried creating the rule before, and then I created a card. The rule was as follows: "1 days before a card is due, move the card to the top of list "To do".  I created the card,  being the 1 day before due 1 minute after I created the card and waited. But nothing happens. 

Sorry, my message seems like brought from "Back to the Future" :)

Best regards,

Liliana

Mattias Van doninck June 1, 2021

Hi Esme

It looks like we have different options in Trello. I don't see "the moment a card is due" in the list of possible triggers (triggers linked to a date). It's the one I would need. The other options are different as well.

trelloscreenshot.PNG

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

@Mattias Van doninck It's in the "Due Date" section, not the Rules section:

2021-06-01 at 9.11 pm.png

Mattias Van doninck June 1, 2021

@Iain Dooley I was indeed looking at the Rules section. Found it. Thanks for the help!

geoff-wp November 29, 2021

Wow! I never would've found this! Thank you!

Marc Stützle January 25, 2022

Thank you - worked!

Robert le Grange May 31, 2022

Screenshots!

These should be worth points.

2 votes
Ton Bode July 28, 2020

Another way you can accomplish this is by using a Calendar rule like this:

every day at 12:05 am, move each card in list "waiting" with an overdue due date to the top of list "todo" 

Hope this is useful.

Regards , Ton

Robert le Grange May 31, 2022

This solved my issue.

Funny that I had glossed over Butler tabs for Calendar and Due date.
I had always enjoyed a good CRON job on an Apache server :)

Super useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events