Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Trello Butler command results in an error - what is wrong?

Hey I'm hoping someone can help diagnose why my command is not working for Butler. My first time using Butler. The command seems pretty simple, but every day I get an email saying that Trello could not do it.

What is wrong with this command?

every weekday at 3:00 am, rename list "Done Today" to "{lastdateshort}", and create a new list named "Done Today"

Can anyone help?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Eduardo,

I've taken a look into your command and can see that the issue is with the variable "{lastdateshort}". The command is not executing correctly because lastdateshort is not a valid variable and therefore returns nothing and we can't rename the list to nothing.
I believe what you want instead is either {previousworkingday_dateshort} or {yesterdaydateshort}.

You can also view the errors for your command by visiting the command log for the command. https://help.trello.com/article/1168-command-log

Hi Andrew, thank you. I did not pick up on the part starting "the following variables" in the guide. Will use different variable. Thanks

"You can prepend last and next to the following variables. For example: {lastweeknumber}{nextusmonthweeknumber},{nextquarternumber}{lastyearshort}."

https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Eduardo Bailetti 

Try using {date-1d} and format it to what you need by adding ~....not sure "last" would apply {datesshort}. My guess you wanted yesterday.

@Eduardo Bailetti 

Try also {yesterdaydateshort}

Like Eduardo Bailetti likes this

Thank you milynnus! I misread the variables instructions in the guide. Some variables you can prepend last and next but I was applying those to the wrong list of variables. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,392 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you