Trello Butler command results in an error - what is wrong?

Eduardo Bailetti September 2, 2021

Hey I'm hoping someone can help diagnose why my command is not working for Butler. My first time using Butler. The command seems pretty simple, but every day I get an email saying that Trello could not do it.

What is wrong with this command?

every weekday at 3:00 am, rename list "Done Today" to "{lastdateshort}", and create a new list named "Done Today"

Can anyone help?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Fecenko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

Hi Eduardo,

I've taken a look into your command and can see that the issue is with the variable "{lastdateshort}". The command is not executing correctly because lastdateshort is not a valid variable and therefore returns nothing and we can't rename the list to nothing.
I believe what you want instead is either {previousworkingday_dateshort} or {yesterdaydateshort}.

You can also view the errors for your command by visiting the command log for the command. https://help.trello.com/article/1168-command-log

Eduardo Bailetti September 3, 2021

Hi Andrew, thank you. I did not pick up on the part starting "the following variables" in the guide. Will use different variable. Thanks

"You can prepend last and next to the following variables. For example: {lastweeknumber}{nextusmonthweeknumber},{nextquarternumber}{lastyearshort}."

https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

@Eduardo Bailetti 

Try using {date-1d} and format it to what you need by adding ~....not sure "last" would apply {datesshort}. My guess you wanted yesterday.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

@Eduardo Bailetti 

Try also {yesterdaydateshort}

Like Eduardo Bailetti likes this
Eduardo Bailetti September 3, 2021

Thank you milynnus! I misread the variables instructions in the guide. Some variables you can prepend last and next but I was applying those to the wrong list of variables. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events