Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Butler Rules buggy. Deleting rules with “unlimited rules”. Storage capacity?

Alexandra_Hopper April 20, 2020

Hey there I’m using Trello butler rules to automate a parts of a board for my job. I’ll make a rule and then it will suddenly be gone later on. I get if we reach to storage capacity that’s completely fine. You think you would get an alert or something instead of what you’re working on just being deleted without you knowing? I have made sure to check that all rules enabled or disabled or showing. 

Going to try to uninstall and then reinstall and see if that fixes it. 

Details;

- Trello desktop 
- Business Trello
- was using a personal private board as an extra precaution to Test the rules with the intention of not messing up any of my coworkers boards. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still had the same problem. Then I decided to move to Trello in the browser. 

It immediately told me what the problem was. Which is awesome.

ANSWER; I am on a business Trello for my company but I was since I was on a personal private board I did not have access to creating unlimited rules! 

Apparently the desktop Trello just doesn’t show you important notifications like that. I normally wouldn’t be so sassy about it but this is put me behind on something that could’ve been done within an hour. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

I don't think that's sassy.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with this and you're right that this was a crappy experience.  I'll look into how to resolve this in the future and thanks for helping debug the problem.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Thank you, stay well! 

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hm.  We don't auto delete any rules as far as I know.  Can you take a screenshot if it keeps happening (if you can get before and after)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events