Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Bot for Google Chat (Enterprise)

Stefanie Burger March 10, 2022

Dear all, 

my plan: to send Trello Notifications from a board to a GoogleChat.

What I found out: You need a bot in Google Chat to connect to the Trello Board. This bot should be entered by sending "@Trello" to the GoogleChat. This should initiate the link to the Trello Board.

What I did: I entered @Trello to the Google Chat. 

What happend: No change, no pop-up, no nothing. Hm. Where can I go check what went wrong.

Background: I use Trello as part of an enterprise.

1 answer

0 votes
Pete Mitchell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022

Hey Stefanie! 

Thanks for reaching out about your Google Hangouts (Google Chat) issues. 

In order to get this working, you'll want to add the Google Hangouts Power-Up to the Trello Board in question.

EDIT: Ok, I misread your situation. I see you're looking to add the Trello Bot within Google chat. When you type @Trello into the Chat, do you see a Pop-up like the image below?

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 2.01.23 PM.png

If not, it's possible that your Google Workspace admin has limited your options.

If you've have checked into those options and still aren't having any luck, I would encourage you to open a ticket with our Support team. As a member of an Enterprise org you get pretty rapid service. 

Just be sure you're logged into your Enterprise Trello account, then head over to https://help.trello.com/contact and get a ticket going. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Pete | The Trello Team

eliwasserman June 5, 2022

all is fine :)

Like Pete Mitchell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events