Trello Auto-logout

Mason Kincaid March 24, 2021

For the past week or two, team members have been reporting that they Trello has been logging them out of their sessions (see screenshot). This is occurring on PCs and Macs in web browsers across at several devices about every 60 minutes. This is a tool we us heavily 24-7 and it's a huge annoyance to everyone to have to keep logging back in.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here? Any recommendations for fixScreen Shot 2021-03-24 at 12.35.43 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Brle November 25, 2021

Why Trello log me out whenever I close trello app (windows desktop app)?

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

Trello sessions don't expire, as long as they are being used. There is a limit to the number of active sessions we allow though - any chance your users are sharing an account? If so, once a new login session is created, the oldest session is evicted - if you're account sharing, this means someone will get logged out.

Note that we do not support account sharing, and expect each person to have their own account.

That's helpful. Team members I'm asking on behalf of are working in a large veterinary ER hospital where all of the machines are shared/common. Staff don't have individual email accounts or logins for anything and machines are logged in 24/7. So, yes multiple machines are logged in to the same account at any given time. 

Is there a limit to the number of sessions that can be logged in at once? Any recommendations for a simple solution?

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

There is a limit, but it's not a published one, and it may change down the track.

In your scenario, I'd maybe try making an account for each machine, and just leaving that logged, instead of having a single account for all machines. Would need to add each "machine account" to the relevant boards as well. 

Would highly recommend setting up per-user accounts though 😅

Many Trello features really only work if the logged in account is a person (assigning members to cards, mentioning people).

Thank for walking me through the way things work on your end. I'll let the team know what they're going to need to do to solve their problem.

For future development, I'd love to see a solution that was less of an administrative headache for teams like this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events