Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello App Auto-Refresh on MacBook

Albus Bui September 21, 2023

Hi all,

I have got one issue with the mentioned topic. Trello is constantly refreshing for me (I installed the app on MacBook). It’s caused me to lose some of my work when commenting for example. Every time I click on a card or away from a card or when I go to a different app and then come back, it refreshes. And the refresh is quite long, it takes around 30 seconds.

Any advice on what might be the issue and how to fix?

Thanks a lot!

Albus

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2023

Hi Albus,

Thanks for reaching out!

Hmm, that definitely sounds strange.

Could you please uninstall the desktop app and install it again, but make sure to follow the instructions here:

I know this is a very general suggestion, but it helps us narrow down the investigation by making sure you have the most recent version of the app and that there is no leftover data from previous versions.

Please test it after reinstalling, and we can continue investigating from there, if the issue persists.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Albus Bui October 19, 2023

Thanks, @Lara - and sorry for the delayed response. It worked well on our end. 

Thanks again for your advice.

Albus

Bartek October 19, 2023

It happens to me on Windows and Edge browser. It keeps refreshing after 2-3s after loaded few times, the after click on some card, click on a checkbox in card list and so on. 

There are some errors and warnings in dev console. After it stops refreshing, I can't click list checkbox. Nothing happens.

image.png

Tom Phillpotts
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2023

I had a similar problem where the Windows desktop app kept refreshing and it was slowing me down. Reinstalling the Windows desktop app seems to have fixed this. Much faster and not refreshing the whole board all the time.

Thanks

1 vote
Hung Do October 8, 2023

The same happened to me when I click to open the card or change the board. 

I re-install the trello on my macbook, seems it's working now. 

0 votes
Jagger October 10, 2023

This has started happening to me too, but on the website, not the app, causing the loss everything typed...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events