Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello API: should the webhook return actions as an array?

Robert Naud September 28, 2017

Given a board having two 3rd party systems using the api to interact with the cards on the board.

When a card is moved into a specific list, system A sends a request to the API to update the said card doing both of these in a single API call:

- set "dueComplete" to TRUE

- set "closed" to TRUE

System B listens to updates for the board and its objects on a webhook. For the scenario above, the webhook returns JSON having a single action where "action.data.old" only contains a key-value pair for "dueComplete" (not for "closed") and the "action.display.translationKey" part of the JSON only mentions "action_marked_the_due_date_complete" (no mention of "action_archived_card").

How can system B figure out that the card was archived just from parsing the content of the JSON given by the board level webhook?

Thanks for your input.

1 answer

1 vote
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

You will actually receive two separate webhooks with two separate actions: one for the due date completion and one for the archival.

Robert Naud September 29, 2017

@Oscar Triscon You are very right! thank you so much! I was monitoring the webhooks via webhookinbox as my setup is not yet complete and did not notice there were 2 answers for my one action. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events