Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello API cardUpdate actions suddenly visible to end users

Mats Forsén March 29, 2022

Hi,

We've had an API integration that updates card names running against Trello for years without any issues. However last Thursday (2022-03-24) these rename operations started showing up in the action log that is shown on the cards on the web, previously these renames were hidden. 

I can't find any changelog or information that something had been changed last week, and when I compare actions done 2022-03-22 with 2022-03-25 they look identical when fetching with the API however only the one from the 25:th is shown on the web.

Is this some undocumented change? Is there any way to revert to the previous behaviour, maybe with a new API key or some new option when PUT:ing updates?

Only difference I can see between the automatic renames and regular is that the appCreator.id value is set which makes sense. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

Hey @Mats Forsén

Thank you for reporting this. I can reproduce this issue, and it definitely looks like a bug in our web-app. I've reported this to the team, and they'll look into it asap.

Felix

Mats Forsén March 31, 2022

Thank you! Looking forward to a resolution. Preferably it would work retroactively on all the now visible actions, but if it just suppresses future messages that will be fine over time. The only bad news is that I can't contribute with anything to the solution, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events