Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring automations from user to user

Mark Duffield June 14, 2023

We have a user leaving our organization who has a very large number of automations in use in a given Trello board.  How can we transfer those automations from this leaving user to a new owner?  Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

I would suggest something more robust and future proof.  If the person leaving has the Trello account linked to his company email address I would do these steps:

1. Create a new email address, like trelloautomations@companyname.com
  2. Ask the member leaving to go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email and change that account email address to trelloautomations@companyname.com
  3. You know have yourself a machine account for Trello that can be used to run automations separate from any user and will prevent this happening in the future 
0 votes
Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

Nevermind, my answer is only valid for Jira. 

1.  On your automations library page,  Click on Actions in the upper right hand corner

automations library.png

2. Click on Transfer User

Transfer user.png

3. Click on Select user to remove, select the user you are wishing to remove

Slect user.png

4. Click on Select user to replace with the user you would like to replace the previous actor with. 

select replacement user.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events