Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Board to New Account: Avoiding Risk of Deletion

Ben Flavin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 13, 2022

Hi Atlassian Community,

I'm trying to move some of my private boards from an account attached to my work email. My employer recently adopted the platform so now they manage the boards owned by this account and there is a risk (certainty) my private boards will be deleted if I ever leave.

I now have my private account set up. I've transferred the desired boards from my corporate account to my private account, but I'm worried that, should the originals be deleted (on the origin-side, in my corporate account), the boards on my private account will disappear too (see warning from documentation below). Should I create a copy of all the boards now linked to my private account and delete the originals? 

"The transfer tool does not make a copy of boards when used. Do not delete the boards on the original account."

https://help.trello.com/article/1104-how-to-transfer-boards-to-a-new-account

Thank you!

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2022

If your personal account is the admin on the board, and you make sure the board is in a Workspace that is one that your personal account created - you should be all set.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events