Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of data from a free workspace to another free workspace / paid workspace

Toni Lengenberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

We have a free workspace which one of our personnel started on their private workspace and invited multiple users. The original owner of the workspace has left the company and we would like to transfer the data held on their workspace to a new workspace (with their assistance). How do we accomplish this?

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Toni Lengenberg 

You can move a Board between Workspaces - check this help page for more information: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/moving-a-board-to-a-different-workspace/

---

Do note though...

To move a board to a new Workspace you must be an admin of the board, and a member of the Workspace you are moving the board to.

^ If you're not an Admin of the "other" Workspace, and no-one active is, I'd recommend reactivating that old user's email address, logging in as them, and granting yourself Admin.

Ste

0 votes
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2024

This article explains how to move boards from one workspace to another workspace https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/moving-a-board-to-a-different-workspace/

chris worship deacon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

how does one identify the owner of a workspace?  I have requested membership but it has gone unanswered so I can't tell if the request hit the email spam folder, is a user that is no longer with my organization, or something else.  While it looks like i can copy a board to my workspace...would it not effectively make all guest collaborators multi-board?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events