cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch event support for mobile browsers

Thomas Gress
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2023

Is there any switch or similar to allow the usage of drag and drop of cards in a trello board in mobile browsers with touch events?

I wanted to create a Trello solution for an association using power-ups. They require it to work on mobile devices which puts us in the dilemma that we have to use mobile browsers for using the power-ups and the mobile application to move the cards from one list to another as no touch events are supported in the mobile browser.

I know that it is possible to move cards from one list to another by some menus, but if the drag and drop feature is missing, the whole kanban feeling/usability is gone.

Thanks
Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023
Unfortunately, there is currently no switch or similar feature to enable drag-and-drop functionality for cards on Trello boards in mobile browsers with touch events. You can use the Trello mobile app to move cards from one list to another as a workaround. However, you must use a mobile browser if you need to use power-ups on mobile devices. It is possible to move cards from one list to another using menu, but this may impact the kanban feeling and usability. If you have further questions or concerns, contact Trello support or ask the community for additional help.
Thomas Gress
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2023

OK, thank your for your timely reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events