Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many notification emails

Deleted user August 17, 2020

Is it possible to disable notification emails from a particular trello board? Or to limit the email frequency to once a day? I'd really like to limit the flood of email notifications I'm getting from Trello. Thx!

2 answers

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

Welcome to the community!

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM A CARD

1. In Trello
  2. Go to that card and click the "Subscribe" button, it toggles whether you are or aren't receiving email updates to that card

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE BOARD

1. In Trello
  2. Open the Gmail-to-Trello Extension board
  3. Click "••• Show Menu" in the upper right of the screen
  4. Click "••• More"
  5. Click "Subscribe" to toggle the checkbox on / off

TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. In Trello
  2. Click your name in the upper right of the screen
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Under "Notifications", click "Change Notification Email Frequency"
  5. Select "Never"
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

@[deleted] You can disable email notifications entirely or change their frequency, but the reason you get so many notifications is probably:

1) you've inadvertently watched a board or list so you're getting notified about absolutely everything:

https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards#:~:text=Watching%20allows%20you%20to%20be,you'll%20get%20notifications%20for%E2%80%A6

2) When you post a comment onto a Trello card, by default, there's a "Watch" checkbox that means you will watch that card going forward. If you uncheck that box, you only have to uncheck it once, and it will remember your preference, that way you won't automatically watch any cards you comment on and thus will only get notified if someone mentions you by name in a comment

3) By default, when you're added as a member of a card, Trello watches the card. There's no way to disable this currently, but it's why most people end up having to disable their Trello notifications. You get notified about absolutely everything that happens on a card when you're watching it. I have found that only being notified about being added to a card and mentioned by name in a comment is the perfect amount of notifications (and that it's best delivered through the app, rather than via email, because if you read a notification through the app the email isn't sent anyway so ultimately you end up with app notifications being your "one source of truth" https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications)

SO ... if scenario 3) above is your problem, the best way to solve it is to always unwatch any card you're added to. I created BenkoBoard which does that, and in addition it also puts a linked card into a personal board when you're added to a card and mentioned in a comment, and allows you to easily bring your Gmail into Trello (you can even use Trello as your email client if you want):

http://www.benkoboard.com/

Once notifications are fixed, Trello becomes a LOT more useful in my experience :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events