Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Timeline slow performance

Hi everyone.

I am a Trello user since 2015, and I've been using a lot the Timeline view since its premier on February.

On the last 7 days, I've been noticing a degradation in the overall performance: loading the page; using the drag-and-drop functions to change the start dates of tasks; sometimes the web browser alerts that the page is using too much memory.

I am using Trello on macOS with Safari and Ubuntu with Firefox, both started the symptoms around the same day. My network connection is fast and stable - I am working from home and have not noticed any issues.

Is this a known issue? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Stu Smith Atlassian Team Jul 07, 2021

Thanks for flagging this, I will pass this along to the team. 

Sorry for any headache this is causing, Gustavo. 

Thanks! Let me know if you need any additional information. Timeline is a great feature but I can live without it for a while :)

Still getting messages:

From Safari on macOS: "This webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac."

From Firefox on Ubuntu: "This page is slowing down Firefox. To speed up your browser, stop this page."

I've already cleaned up the cache, with no effect.

Also, I've tried using small boards, with just a few number of cards, and the performance is the same.

Thanks

I had tried moving my lists to new boards, but the performance was still slow. But when I've created a new board and brand new lists and cards, the performance was good.

So I am getting to some conclusions here. I've noticed that, when I move the lists between boards, the archived items of that list is carried over along with the list. In other words, when I saw the "Archived items" on the new board, there was a very long list of cards there. I use Trello since 2015, and this specific list was used with "card repeat" power-up during some time for routine tasks.

I've created a button to move the cards to the new board, so the history of archived items is kept on the old board. I'll monitor the performance and keep you guys updated.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

379 views 8 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you