Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline slow performance

Gustavo Moreira July 7, 2021

Hi everyone.

I am a Trello user since 2015, and I've been using a lot the Timeline view since its premier on February.

On the last 7 days, I've been noticing a degradation in the overall performance: loading the page; using the drag-and-drop functions to change the start dates of tasks; sometimes the web browser alerts that the page is using too much memory.

I am using Trello on macOS with Safari and Ubuntu with Firefox, both started the symptoms around the same day. My network connection is fast and stable - I am working from home and have not noticed any issues.

Is this a known issue? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Stu Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Thanks for flagging this, I will pass this along to the team. 

Sorry for any headache this is causing, Gustavo. 

Gustavo Moreira July 7, 2021

Thanks! Let me know if you need any additional information. Timeline is a great feature but I can live without it for a while :)

Gustavo Moreira July 13, 2021

Still getting messages:

From Safari on macOS: "This webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac."

From Firefox on Ubuntu: "This page is slowing down Firefox. To speed up your browser, stop this page."

I've already cleaned up the cache, with no effect.

Also, I've tried using small boards, with just a few number of cards, and the performance is the same.

Thanks

Gustavo Moreira July 15, 2021

I had tried moving my lists to new boards, but the performance was still slow. But when I've created a new board and brand new lists and cards, the performance was good.

So I am getting to some conclusions here. I've noticed that, when I move the lists between boards, the archived items of that list is carried over along with the list. In other words, when I saw the "Archived items" on the new board, there was a very long list of cards there. I use Trello since 2015, and this specific list was used with "card repeat" power-up during some time for routine tasks.

I've created a button to move the cards to the new board, so the history of archived items is kept on the old board. I'll monitor the performance and keep you guys updated.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events