Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone conversion question

becky j suzik January 8, 2021

Hi Friends,

I'm part of a world wide event that is using trello to help people navigate a schedule. How can I best list start and end times, in a way that everyone will see THEIR time zone conversion? Currently I've been listing everything in Eastern Time (NY) using custom start and end time fields and then everyone has to manually do the conversion.

Here is an example from a previous event. https://trello.com/c/QXsnqRsG/78-gathering-of-indigenous-grandmothers-of-europe-we-heal-and-develop-ourselves

Is there a time add on or a work around that can help with this?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Becky Suzik

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2021

I'm afraid that we don't have a way to automatically convert those values when they're in a Custom Field in this way, but I have a couple suggestions I can offer!

The first would be to set the Event's Start Time as the Due Date for the Card. This would be automatically converted to their local time, but the downside is you wouldn't be able to include an End Time when done that way.

Another option would be to create public event using another platform, like Google Calendar, or Facebook, then link back to that event from your Trello Board and allow that other platform to do the timezone conversion.

becky j suzik January 13, 2021

Thank you so much for your response Cody. That is the way we have been doing it, as opposed to using the Calendar DATE field.

I wish the Due date would also express the time zone, as we must include start and end times on our events. This is confusing because the times do not match (between custom fields and due date) to people NOT in the EST time zone. (That's our preferred time listing.)

I appreciate that we've hit the edges. It's so wonderful to discover new ways to use Trello. Is there a way to suggest this as a future upgrade with Trello development team?

Thanks so much!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events