Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tracking on tasks to Airtable

Fernandes Alves Stive January 11, 2021

Hello everyone !
We are using trello as our main tool to organise our tasks as a team, but we would also use it as a tool that will allow us to track each time we spend on a specific task...

I have seen many powerups that allow us to do that as we can launch a timer on the task we work on.
The issue i have is that i struggle to find a solution that allows me to pick up that information to our database in airtable.
I dont see anything in butler that can allow me to use butler for Power-ups informations (maybe i am missing something or is it just impossible ?)

So i would like to know if there is a way to do this for free... Even if it is only an automatisation that could for exemple set the description as the timer so i could pick up that information by picking up the description...

Thank you a lot in advance and sorry for my bad english i am french,
FAS

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

@Fernandes Alves Stive 

Depending on how the Power Up’s implementation, you may be able to get to the data. For example, I have been able to get the data for Typeform, CRMBLE, Contalist, Map, Custom Fields, Smart fields ...etc. This is through using Butler HTTP request to an endpoint that will invoke a module to examine the card and return the data back. You can do the same for card data that are currently not made a variable like the earliest due date in the checklist. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

@Fernandes Alves Stive 

So i would like to know if there is a way to do this for free... Even if it is only an automatisation that could for exemple set the description as the timer so i could pick up that information by picking up the description...

If you are looking for custom Butler solution, we certainly can come up with something that will work for you. (Do contact me via my profile page). 

It is more than just collecting the time on card by recording based on action on the card but also to extract and send the data to airtable or update airtable directly.

Like Fernandes Alves Stive likes this
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2021

@Fernandes Alves Stive 

I can confirm that with Activity Power Up by Christoph Kettelhoit, I can get the data from the card.plug_data and associate it with a member by name.

The Power Up has a csv. With that and the right tool and some effort you should be able to get to Airtable.

Obviously, if you want to do it from with Butler then we can explore.

Happy Time Tracking

Like Fernandes Alves Stive likes this
Fernandes Alves Stive January 12, 2021

Thank you a lot for your answear, i will try to find out how can i do the same then! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events