Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates

Melissa Davison May 5, 2023

I am trying to create a template with pre-built tasks so that when we open a new case at our firm, we can assign the same task list every time we open a certain type of case (i.e. we assign a "PI Task List" every time we open a new personal injury file). I see that Trello has templates we can use from the web, but I want to customize and build my own template, with pre-assembled tasks, so that I don't have to re-create the template/task list every time I open a new matter. Is it possible? If so can someone tell me how to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hi @Melissa Davison 

Welcome to the community.  This can be done via automation.  I have a solution that handles this very case by holding template checklists in a header card and uses automation similar to this

"when a card is added to a list {listname}, lookup a card called {listname} and add the checklist {listnmame} Tasks to the card"

You can also set an automation to move the card to the next list, mark as complete or remove the checklist when the checklist is complete

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events