Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams Channel Notification issue

Simon Rutherford April 27, 2023

I'm having an issue with having notifications publish to Teams channels.

This was all working until a Tuesday (and had been for at least a year) but it stopped around noon.  I could be remembering it wrong, but I thought I'd configured these using a connector, but when I went to add it back in, it no longer appears in the search?

After that, I had a look around and apparently I should be able to configure it with @Trello notifications.  I managed to successfully set this up for one team and two channels/boards.  However, if I add the app into any other channel it connects fine, but if I type @Trello it will resolve, but if I click on it it just turns blue instead of offering the options that came up in the other channel.  If I manually type notifications in and send, the app doesn't respond.

I'm an owner on the workspace/boards and also on the teams channels.  I've confirmed that both teams and the related channels are all configured the same way from a teams perspective and have the same policies assigned.  I have attached a working board to the non-working channel and it still won't all be to @ the app.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Tomšovský
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Hello Simon, did you solve this issue? We're having the same one.

When I type somewhere in Teams `@Trello notificaitons`, nothing happens. Every other `@Trello` command works as expected (for example `@Trello help`) but `@Trello notifications` does nothing.

Thank you.

Simon Rutherford April 11, 2024

I just looked through my emails from around the time and it looks like I ended up removing the app entirely.  Then I had to readd it individually into the channels - once I'd done that it started working again.

We have since stopped using Trello so I'm unable to check anything around the setup etc.  as it has now been decomissioned.

Good luck getting it sorted!

Víctor Agustín
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

I have the same issue Martin... today the command notifications not working. 

Rosdyana Kusuma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 15, 2024

The same issue here, @Trello notifications show nothing, but the tour and help command works.

Any idea, guys?

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2023

Hey @Simon Rutherford,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, and I hope you're doing well today!

This is a bit tricky, but when you type @trello on MS Teams chat, you need to hit Enter on your keyboard, enabling the command, and then you can press space to bring the additional commands for you, as you can see below:

TrelloCommandsMSTeamsV2.gif

So try typing the command Trello, pressing enter, and then you'll see the available commands within your MS Teams channels. I hope it helps!

Simon Rutherford April 28, 2023

Hi @Sal 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I understand how it is supposed to work; on one of my groups/channels it works exactly as you describe.  However, if I attempt to do the same on a different channel under a different team, the @Trello successfully turns blue, but pressing space afterwards fails to bring up the command selection.

Everything is the same from a permissions/setup perspective as far as I can see.

Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2023

Hey Simon,

When you type @Trello on your other MS Teams channel, do you see this message on top of the command? If you do, click it, and it'll show you all the commands:

MSTeamsTrelloCommand.jpg

Yes.  The working channel looks exactly like your screenshot. If I click it, I get a number of options and if I select them, they work correctly.

On the non-working channel, the name still turns blue, but the bar to select the option doesn’t appear.  

Sal
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

Just to be sure, have you installed the Trello App on the MS Teams where this non-working channel is located, right? What happens if you type @Trello (wait till it turns blue) and then type notifications like this:

@Trello notifications

Does it work for you? Or nothing happens? If nothing happens, I'd recommend you open a ticket with us at https://trello.com/contact, and from there, we can continue helping you with your case. 

I’ve definitely got the app installed in the channel and if I wait for it to turn blue, then manually type notifications nothing happens. 

I’ll log this with support - thanks for your help!

Sal
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

That's definitely unusual, Simon! Thanks for opening a ticket with us and bringing this problem to our attention! Have a good one!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events