Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Member Can't Edit, Mark or Add Cards On Board Why ??

Alisia Robinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2021

I've been added to a Trello board. I have been added with a virtual tag as a board member while everyone else is an Admin. I have tried to add, create, and mark tasks on cards for the board but I see I can not. I can't even move the cards to do or done. The lettering when I click on the task or try to add anything is an off-grey color that is not clickable.

I experimented with a board of my own and I see I can do everything just fine without restriction. What could be the issue ? The Team Member who created the board tried to switch my settings/access to admin but found they could not. If they tried they were met with the same off-grey text that was nonclickable. Is there a fix for this ? What could be any potential reason for this?

Any help and advice is deeply appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

@Alisia Robinson If you're showing up as virtual, that means they probably invited you to the board using an email address that is different from the one you use to Trello.

You probably received an invitation to the board, which means you can click it and see the board, but you can't interact with it because you haven't created an account using the email which was invited.

Ask the admin to remove you and re-add you using the email address that you use for your main Trello account (or alternatively you could create a Trello account using the email address that they invited).

Alisia Robinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2021

Thank you! It turns out this was the issue! 

Much appreciated!

1 vote
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021
Alisia Robinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 17, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events