Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Invite Button Missing

Donovan Bruce May 11, 2020

Hi Folks,

I'm having a little trouble creating an invite link to a team in Trello and I'd appreciate any assistance you can offer.

I'm following this help doc: https://help.trello.com/article/715-inviting-people-to-an-organization

It says to click "Members" under my team name. Then, they show a green "Invite Team Members" button, a text box for entering email addresses, and a "Share Team Invite Link" heading with a link that says, "Create Link."

When I click on "Members" under my team, I have only the text box for entering email addresses. No button and no create link.

I need to create the link.

The board is currently set to private team and I'm using a free Trello account.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@Donovan Bruce you said you're trying to add members to a team, but then you mentioned that the board is set to private. Just to clarify, this is what you should see when you click on the invite team button on the team members administration page:

2020-05-12 at 9.54 pm.png

Donovan Bruce May 12, 2020

Hi Iain,

Thanks so much for the response.

To clarify, when I said private, I meant the team visibility setting in the settings. 

Your screenshot is what the help docs indicate but, that's not what I see.

I don't have the green button at all. In the members admin page, I get this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 6.58.09 AM.png

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@Donovan Bruce hmm did you create this team? The only place I can see something similar to that is on someone else's business class team that I'm a member of. I'll try and loop in someone from Atlassian to this topic because as far as I can tell you should be able to see the invitation link.

ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2020

Hi @Donovan Bruce !

Normally, that green Invite button becomes available the moment you have at least 2 members on your team so you'll first need to manually type the email address of a team member and invite them to the team and the button should then appear.

Could you give this a try and let us know if that's still not working for you?

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Donovan Bruce May 13, 2020

@Iain Dooley & @ManuR you are true gems!

Adding another member made the green button show up immediately!

Thank you both so much for your assistance, much appreciated.

All the best,

Bruce

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events