Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks with checkbox on card front

epetrack March 10, 2020

New to Trello, but would like to simply be able to have a list of tasks, with checkboxes, all showing on a single card. It seems that if I create a "Checklist" the items only show AFTER opening the card. I'd like to just see this list right on the front board.

I could create "Custom Fields" from a Power Up, and those would show right on the card, but without checkboxes (using "text"- if using "checkbox" they do NOT show).

I feel like I'm missing something, as it should be pretty basic to see a list of tasks without having to open a card.... thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Larkin Sawyer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2023

https://trello.com/power-ups/5fb7eaf8055b9566a547e0f9

I think this power up "Show Checklist" is might be what you are looking for!

0 votes
Soh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2021

If you set a due date, you can hover over the mouse on top of the due date on the front of the card and be able to check the due date. Create automation where the card will be deleted/archived once the due date is checked.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020
epetrack March 12, 2020

Thanks! Wondering if there is anyway to do it without Chrome extension.... At my hospital, they block so much, including chrome extensions. Also, if it works like many other extensions, that card would only show this correctly when viewing IN Chrome (so if using native Mac app, iOS, etc, I suspect it may not show it).

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2020

@epetrack nope ... but why is this something you're interested in? Maybe there's a better way to achieve the same outcome.

epetrack March 12, 2020

It's pretty simple.... I would like to use Checklists for tasks, and want to simply be able to see and check off tasks right on the board, rather than having to go through the extra step of opening a card. Aside from having to open the card to check it off, it needs to be opened to even SEE what the tasks are.

Maybe it's just me, but it just seems a better workflow is to have the tasks immediately visible in the board!- thanks.

Like # people like this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2020

@epetrack Is there a reason why you can't use cards for tasks? Having one task per card, then archiving each as it's done would achieve the same outcome.

epetrack March 13, 2020

ok- thanks. I guess that's a reasonable workaround- can create a "List" of Tasks, then 1 task per card. Seems more "bulky" than simply having a single card showing all tasks, but I guess best solution for now- appreciate it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events