Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Tasks that repeat on specific days each week

My tasks are performed each week on specific days, Monday through Friday. My client wants to be able to see at a glance if these tasks have been completed for each day. If I move them out of the current day's tasks to a done list, it is not clear to her if they have been done for that specific day. In other words, she wants to look at Tuesday's list and see all green for done, Wednesday list and see all green for done, and etc. 

Perhaps I need a to-do list for each day and a done list for each day and have her look at the done list for each day to satisfy that all is done? 

I don't have a full grasp of how tasks should be moved through the lists. Once they are done, they have to be moved or I get multiple instances of the same task in the daily list. Clearly, I am a bit confused. Hoping for some help. Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton Community Leader Aug 18, 2021

Hi @Julie Campagna 👋

Welcome to the Community! Reading your situation I would say a clear way to illustrate things are done is to have a done/completed column this could be used for the whole week where you automate the done/completed column to clear Monday's tasks in readiness to tackle Tuesday for example.

There are another couple of options you could consider:

• Create a label that says done or completed in green and attach the label to each card once the task is complete. This will show a colour on the front of the card meaning your client can just look at the board and know it's done - meaning no need for a to do list.
  • Set a deadline for the end of the day for each card, once the card's task is complete you tick the deadline. This will also show on the front of the card in green meaning your client can just look at the board and know it's done - meaning no need for a to do list.

I hope this helps but feel free to pick my brains some more if you like 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Aug 18, 2021

Hi Julie! Another option is using the calendar view/power-up. Here's a video that shows it in a bit more detail: https://www.loom.com/share/36c34a04e9764fd6910a0f8a2bb9f675

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,385 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you