Tasks that repeat on specific days each week

Julie Campagna August 18, 2021

My tasks are performed each week on specific days, Monday through Friday. My client wants to be able to see at a glance if these tasks have been completed for each day. If I move them out of the current day's tasks to a done list, it is not clear to her if they have been done for that specific day. In other words, she wants to look at Tuesday's list and see all green for done, Wednesday list and see all green for done, and etc. 

Perhaps I need a to-do list for each day and a done list for each day and have her look at the done list for each day to satisfy that all is done? 

I don't have a full grasp of how tasks should be moved through the lists. Once they are done, they have to be moved or I get multiple instances of the same task in the daily list. Clearly, I am a bit confused. Hoping for some help. Thank you!

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Hi @Julie Campagna ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Reading your situation I would say a clear way to illustrate things are done is to have a done/completed column this could be used for the whole week where you automate the done/completed column to clear Monday's tasks in readiness to tackle Tuesday for example.

There are another couple of options you could consider:

• Create a label that says done or completed in green and attach the label to each card once the task is complete. This will show a colour on the front of the card meaning your client can just look at the board and know it's done - meaning no need for a to do list.
  • Set a deadline for the end of the day for each card, once the card's task is complete you tick the deadline. This will also show on the front of the card in green meaning your client can just look at the board and know it's done - meaning no need for a to do list.

I hope this helps but feel free to pick my brains some more if you like 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Hi Julie! Another option is using the calendar view/power-up. Here's a video that shows it in a bit more detail: https://www.loom.com/share/36c34a04e9764fd6910a0f8a2bb9f675

0 votes
Terry Valentine November 16, 2022

I have a similar issue...I would like a) to choose a day for a Repeat task by the day/week rather than the day of the month, as sometimes the 1st, 5th etc. falls on an inconvenient day like a Saturday or Sunday, and b) for Trello to allow for attaching dates to days of the week in Lists.  For example if it recognizes the word Monday in a list title then it should be able to automatically attach the day of the month outside the calendar view.   The goal is to be able to schedule a given repeated task on say, the second Wednesday of every month instead of simply a numerical day (and to know at a glance if a given week-day combination falls outside or inside a given month).

As an aside, I would have expected the Repeat button to be an up-front feature rather than buried in a power-up menu.   My husband is a software developer (who even uses some Atlassian products) and he was surprised that Trello didn't seem to offer this as it's a basic function in Outlook.  I've been using Trello for a couple of weeks now and just recently discovered that I didn't have to create a rule (or figure out how to create a rule) for this automation to happen. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events