cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing labeled cards with Google Calendar

Evan Farbstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 13, 2021

Is there a way to sync only cards with a certain label to Google Calendar?

I've been through some of the main automation power-ups – Planyway, Automate.io, Zapier – but couldn't figure out a way to do it.

I'm open to fiddling with power-ups, but can't code. Thanks for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2021

How about using a separate board to sync cards to if they have that particular label, and then just use that secondary board with your calendar? There are multiple no-code options to get cards with a specific label from your main board to the secondary board:

1. Butler
    This wouldn't necessarily be a true sync, but you could set up a rule that copies cards to the secondary board when the card gets that label. You can also configure your rule to link the cards together as well to set up additional cascading rules (e.g. when the original card is archived, archive the linked card).
  2. Unito's 2-way board sync
    This would give you a true 2-way sync between the two boards so that if anything changes on either board, it will update the synced card. This is a paid solution, so it might be hard to justify the cost for one basic use case. If you have a need to sync other boards together to create overviews or just connect boards together to help with cross-board coordination, that might help justify paying for this solution. Unito also syncs with other tools outside of Trello. I know they're starting to integrate with tools like Gdrive and Sheets, so maybe GCal will be on the roadmap :) 

Evan Farbstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2021

This seems like a simple solution – thanks so much for the input! I will try with Butler and if that doesn't work well enough I'll follow the process you described for Unito. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events