Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Syncing cards across multiple workspaces

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can sync cards belonging to different workspaces? 2-way syncing would be ideal but I would also be interested in 1-way if that's the only option.

Fingers crossed someone knows how to do this.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Aug 15, 2021

Unito has two power-ups: Mirror, and Board Sync. Mirror is at the card level and is a bit more of a manual process, plus you can only mirror cards within the same workspace as you mentioned. Board Sync is at the board level and you can sync across different workspaces. It's more automatic as you can set rules as to what cards sync between what boards (i.e. only cards with a yellow label should sync to the yellow board), and it's more sustainable if you have a lot of cards to sync - Mirror is priced at the number of cards you want to sync, Board Sync is based on the number of boards and lets you sync unlimited cards. 

Happy to help if you have any other questions 😊

Thanks for the Board Sync suggestion. I managed to get it to work when it was 1 card on 1 list. I'm now wondering whether I can set up a a condition so that a specific member of multiple cards across multiple lists on 1 board can then trigger the creation and syncing of those cards in multiple lists belonging to 1 board on a different workspace.

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Aug 18, 2021

@Flora yes, you should be able to achieve that! You can create different types of filters to determine what cards should sync. You could have it so only cards in one list should sync to another board, you could do it based on a label - so any card with a specific label across any list should sync. Same goes for cards with a particular member. Custom fields is the other thing you can create rules around (i.e. only cards with a particular dropdown value set). You can also add multiple filters to create "AND" statements.

So TLDR; yes, that should be possible! There's a bit more information here

0 votes

Try Unito?

Thanks for your suggestion, Michael. I've used Unito's Mirror feature to sync cards across different boards but only if they are in the same workspace. I haven't figured out how to do this if the cards exist on boards that are in different workspaces.

Hi Flora, on a creating flow step you can just choose a Trello - Workspace1 - Board <-> Trello - Workspace2 - Board 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,352 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you