Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing cards across multiple workspaces

Flora August 13, 2021

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can sync cards belonging to different workspaces? 2-way syncing would be ideal but I would also be interested in 1-way if that's the only option.

Fingers crossed someone knows how to do this.

3 answers

0 votes
Mary Roberts January 26, 2023

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows

Do you have to use a powerup to sync a card across workspaces? Is it not a native functionality of Trello?

I'm setting up a new Enterprise account for my Marketing team, and I'm trying to determine if we should have multiple workspaces by Team or just one for all of Marketing with each team having their own boards.

There is the possibility of other organizational teams (Sales, HR, etc) migrating to Trello over time, so I want to be sure that I'm thinking about the optimal set up for our space.

Thanks!
Mary

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2021

Unito has two power-ups: Mirror, and Board Sync. Mirror is at the card level and is a bit more of a manual process, plus you can only mirror cards within the same workspace as you mentioned. Board Sync is at the board level and you can sync across different workspaces. It's more automatic as you can set rules as to what cards sync between what boards (i.e. only cards with a yellow label should sync to the yellow board), and it's more sustainable if you have a lot of cards to sync - Mirror is priced at the number of cards you want to sync, Board Sync is based on the number of boards and lets you sync unlimited cards. 

Happy to help if you have any other questions 😊

Flora August 18, 2021

Thanks for the Board Sync suggestion. I managed to get it to work when it was 1 card on 1 list. I'm now wondering whether I can set up a a condition so that a specific member of multiple cards across multiple lists on 1 board can then trigger the creation and syncing of those cards in multiple lists belonging to 1 board on a different workspace.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

@Flora yes, you should be able to achieve that! You can create different types of filters to determine what cards should sync. You could have it so only cards in one list should sync to another board, you could do it based on a label - so any card with a specific label across any list should sync. Same goes for cards with a particular member. Custom fields is the other thing you can create rules around (i.e. only cards with a particular dropdown value set). You can also add multiple filters to create "AND" statements.

So TLDR; yes, that should be possible! There's a bit more information here

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2021

Try Unito?

Flora August 15, 2021

Thanks for your suggestion, Michael. I've used Unito's Mirror feature to sync cards across different boards but only if they are in the same workspace. I haven't figured out how to do this if the cards exist on boards that are in different workspaces.

Sergei Makarov October 14, 2021

Hi Flora, on a creating flow step you can just choose a Trello - Workspace1 - Board <-> Trello - Workspace2 - Board 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events