Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sticky Cards Top of List

Kerry Chumbley May 31, 2020

Is there a way of keeping a specific card at the top of the list so it's easy to see when you scroll down large lists?

Thanks
Kerry 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2020

Hi @Kerry Chumbley ,

Welcome to the community!

https://www.trelloimprovements.com/

In order for it to work, you have to:
- enable it in plugin settings (click on Trelloimprovements link in Trello header, then check this feature). Note that the link is now added as the extension logo.
- it will work on boards where you have the permission to move cards
- add ":TI-sticky:" or "🔝" to card title that you want to stick to the top of the list

This will trigger the functionality which will perform the stickiness by moving the card to the top. You might see a few UI flashes from time to time. This is expected.

Known limitations:
- please have only one sticky card per list, for now
- using this with built-in Trello auto-sorting features is NOT advised. So, if you use sort by card age for example, please do not use this feature

There are two more workaround options if you don't want to use the Chrome extension. Just a word about this being a workaround that I use and works for me. I don't know if this fits everyone's needs, but works for me. Also, this is just a tip, it's not an exact "how-to"; no exact step-by-step. Just the big picture. If you need a step-by-step...ask. 

1) Enable Butler 

-> set to run automatically, such as when a card is added, by date, or by date and time

--> under "sorting" in Butler, determine how you want to "sort" (age of card, due date, label, etc)

---> click save

2) Enable Butler & Custom Fields (my favorite way)

-> set up the custom field (I set a checkbox that's called "details" or "pin" or whatever you want. You could call it "George" for all it matters). The checkbox custom field is on every card, so I can have multiple pinned if I want. 

--> set Butler to run automatically, such as when a card is added (I set it to run when a card is added so that whenever a card is added Butler automatically re-sorts to ensure the checkbox card is first

---> under "sorting" in Butler, select "sort the list by custom field", select your custom field, how you want it sorted (ascending or descending), click Add, and then save

The second workaround is great because you can sort according to the custom field and then sort again by another custom field or label or whatever. I have a few cards pinned on some lists and not others. With this, you can create a custom field sorting list that has multiple ascending "pinned" cards that always remain at the top. 

Kerry Chumbley June 1, 2020

Thank you that's really helpful I will have a look at that

Kerry 

Like # people like this

I don't think this does what I want it to do. I wanted to be able to scroll through the list with the first card constantly in view - you know like in excel when you can effectively freeze the top row so you know what each column is, that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. 

Kerry

Like Shyam Reyal likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Shyam Reyal May 31, 2020

Thank you I'm going to take a look at this 

Kerry 

Like Shyam Reyal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders